CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:Win PCNC info.

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-11-15 18:20:37 UTC
Jim wrote:
>Has anyone any experience of using Win PCNC from Bestsoft .I am
>considering it as an alternative to EMC .I haven`t been able to
>access the Bestsoft website for the past few days.

Jim,

The Bestsoft website has been (for me) a hit n miss opportunity.
Don't know if it's their server, website design or what (also loads
poorly/slowly) on DSL!

But!...

Reports on the S/W have been decent. Personally, I dont like the GUI
design. Talk to the people at Weber and sons, makers of the
CNCcrafter machines. They (used to/still do??) use Bestsoft products.
The DOS product (for others on the list) requires a 3rd party motion
card $$). The motion library looks interesting but a little steep to
just "try out", IMO.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Unless you need a second linear Z (w) axis, I'd choose EMC.
$.02

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-11-15 18:20:37 UTC re:Win PCNC info.