CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] linux red hat 5.2

Posted by dave engvall
on 2000-11-15 21:09:47 UTC
John Brauweiler wrote:

> Ok group I'm now ready to start loading it up I used the boot up disk
> that was given to me at NAMES show this year.
> Now it asked me some Questions I think some time back people were
> saying to load up workstation I am now the point where it asked me if
> I wanted F Disk or Disk Druid I picked Disk Druid .

Disk druid is for those that might not be too comfortable with Linux.
Fdisk works well for those that have done it a few times. One rarely remembers all the commands so using the 'm' to get the list
of commands is handy. If you can use the dos fdisk then the Linux one is only a bit more difficult. Standard partitions are type
83 and the swap is 82. 'p' show you what you've done and 'w' writes it to the disk.
Almost easy, eh?

Dave

Discussion Thread

John Brauweiler 2000-11-15 17:25:49 UTC linux red hat 5.2 Tim Goldstein 2000-11-15 17:58:53 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] linux red hat 5.2 dave engvall 2000-11-15 21:09:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] linux red hat 5.2