CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help! How do I convert old Anilam to PC?

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 2000-11-15 21:18:07 UTC
randolph.e.howard@... wrote:
> What I have that is usable is; three SEM servo motors
> and hardware, three functioning glass scales, limit switches, one
> operational display, a partial power supply. What I don't have is;
> three servo amplifier cards, rectifier and capacitor for power
> supply, two relays. What I think can be done is to toss the display,
> find three generic servo cards, fix power supply, buy PC based
> control card, buy/find CAM software, buy old Pentium.
>
> Does this sound right? What am I overlooking? What else do I need?
> Where do I look? What should I buy? How do I do this on a budget so
> that I don't invest more time and money than it's worth? Can the
> glass scales be retained and used in place of rotary encoders? Is it
> a reasonable to expect finding servo driver cards for the SEM motors?

These folks sell amps (and SEM motors) and will be able to give you
exactly what you want:

http://www.servodynamics.com/index.htm

Find your motor in here:

http://www.servodynamics.com/bt/bt.htm

They'll match it to an amp in here:

http://www.servodynamics.com/btamp/btamp.htm

If I guess right, you'll probably have MTS30R4-42 motors (or something
really close), and you'll probably want the SDFPO1525-17 amps which were
probably the original equipment anyway and the bolt holes will line up
;) .

You'll need a bunch of other stuff too, see this for an example
(although your setup will vary somewhat):

http://users.erols.com/mshaver/v2e3.htm

Matt

Discussion Thread

randolph.e.howard@b... 2000-11-15 18:33:22 UTC Help! How do I convert old Anilam to PC? Matt Shaver 2000-11-15 21:18:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Help! How do I convert old Anilam to PC?