CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] roll, pitch, yaw wasRe[10]: emc really needs... (off topic)

on 2000-11-20 15:33:21 UTC
Ballendo,

Yep! You bet! Special allowances for the crew's mess, the officers eat
the same food (same galley). Lobster and shrimp the likes of which I
haven't seen since!

Normal operation in a boat is to "ride the planes" (planes look like a
stabilizer, on bow, sail or aft), and change depth with them. We like
to "surface without air", that is, we use the planes to return to the
surface. Then air is pumped back into the ballast tanks with either the
diesel or the low pressure blower. A rudder steers the boat. the planes
are controlled by pushing fwd/back on the wheel. My boat, two
plansemen, one steers, the other controls the planes. They can be
swapped or either station can control both. Just saw U571, so guess
what's been in the back of my mind, again!

On the roll, pitch and yaw on a mill, we assume the LONG axis is X, and
is the "forward direction" (of flight?). Are the terms actually used on
a mill, or a lathe for that matter? Didn't seem very obvious on a
lathe, so I won't think about that yet!

Alan

ballendo@... wrote:

> Alan>But then, I'm ex-submarine! Alan (ex- SSBN 622)
>
> Alan,
>
> But a "sub" just flies through the water right! :-)
>
> Roll, pitch, and Yaw just like an airplane.
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-11-20 15:33:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] roll, pitch, yaw wasRe[10]: emc really needs... (off topic)