CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: microswitch repeatability

Posted by James Eckman
on 1999-07-16 08:14:26 UTC
> From: Ted Robbins <rtr@...>
> Subject: microswitch repeatability
>
> I think the probe
> would work as long as that repeatability is close enough and the probe is
> lowered reasonably slowly enough.

So do I, I've seen microswitchs used as home position switchs and such
and they are pretty good. Another slightly more complicated method is to
use an optical method like one of those combined source and sensor
packages of various types. They also have very good repeatability. They
are probably are slightly more vunerable to garbage but harder to damage
in overrun conditions.

Discussion Thread

Ted Robbins 1999-07-16 01:03:04 UTC microswitch repeatability James Eckman 1999-07-16 08:14:26 UTC Re: microswitch repeatability