CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re: more R,P,Y wasRe[12]: emc really needs

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-11-21 14:03:00 UTC
Terry wrote:
>actually this coordinate reference and axis names
>is about as clear as mud.

In a hexapod, Pitch, roll, and yaw are RESULTANT motions based on the
extension/contraction of the struts. Keep in mind that many of
the "hexapod" projects are "ivory tower" and STUDENT projects...
And the internet treats us all as equals...

As for CARTESIAN coords, my earlier post was I hope, clear as water.

Ballendo

>i have been reading several of the hexapod web sites
>and at least two refer the additional 3 degrees of
>freedom as pitch, roll, yaw. one refers to them as
>theta-x, theta-y, & theta-z. yet another refers to
>them as q1, q2, & q3. yet another refers to them as
>x', y' & z' ( that ' indicates "prime").

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-11-21 14:03:00 UTC re: more R,P,Y wasRe[12]: emc really needs