CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: axis naming conventions/EIA-274-D

on 2000-11-22 16:55:58 UTC
Jon Elson wrote:

> The IEEE probably went to a great deal of
> expense flying people from all over the country to meetings where they
> hashed out these details.

I'm sure that is not the case. Actually the expense of the
meetings is borne by those companies who belong to the Electronic
Industries Association and the standard has little to do with the
IEEE

> I was just out of diapers when all this was
> done.

HMMMmmm. What luck. I see a date of Feb 1979. Of Course, I
don't know the whole history of this, but to be 22 again sounds
fairly good.

> They need to at least cover the cost of printing and mailing
> these documents.

Yes, as well as the support of the organizational offices.

I have a copy of EIA-274-D which is a revision of RS-274-C, dated
Feb 1979. If someone can show me a later version, I could be
convinced to scan this one and put it up on a webpage for a week
as it would be an outdated version and only a informational
guide. Barring that, I could scan a page here and there if
anyone is interested. The whole thing is 25 pages and will make
you comatose trying to read it.

And yes, I bought the thing for $55.00 in a moment of frivology
3-4 years ago.

JerryK

Discussion Thread

Jerry Kimberlin 2000-11-22 16:55:58 UTC Re: axis naming conventions/EIA-274-D