CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: re:cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys

Posted by Wally K
on 2000-11-28 17:01:12 UTC
If you have time to write it i would like to read it. This is an
interisting subject.

Wally K.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"
<geckohall@h...> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A tachometer is used to sense motor speed. In the G320, motor speed
> is not sensed so neither tachometer or pulse averaging is used.
>
> The G320 is a position servo. The PID loop adjusts torque to
maintain
> a "zero" difference between the commanded position and the motor's
> actual position. If the command position itself is moving, such as
> when STEP pulses are issued, then the drive will follow the moving
> position with "zero" error. The speed will exactly equal the STEP
> pulse rate.
>
> For those who are interested, I can post a .pdf to the "files"
> section a block diagram of how the G320 works if asked.
>
> Mariss
> Geckodrive Inc.
>

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Jeff Barlow <jeff@b...> wrote:
> > Ballendo, Jon, et all,
> >
> > Mariss seems to make the Gecko 320 get along without a tach,
though.
> > Hope he jumps in here.
> >
> > Jeff
> >
> > On Tue, 28 Nov 2000 08:59:39 -0000, Ballendo wrote:
> >

> > >As explained in a previous thread: At slow speeds, the tach is
> more
> > >accurate and reads direct. The pulse average-ing (to derive
speed)
> > >suffers from data starvation. (not enough pulses per unit of
time
> > >ACCURATELY reflect the "real world" happenings at the axes)

Discussion Thread

jmw@c... 2000-11-27 21:40:17 UTC cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys ballendo@y... 2000-11-28 00:59:41 UTC re:cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys ballendo@y... 2000-11-28 01:14:50 UTC re:Re: cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys Jeff Barlow 2000-11-28 14:32:01 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys Mariss Freimanis 2000-11-28 15:41:57 UTC Re: re:cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys Wally K 2000-11-28 17:01:12 UTC Re: re:cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys Jeff Barlow 2000-11-28 17:43:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: re:cleaning, lovejoy, black box tach, linear scales, making pulleys