CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CNC for Malaysia

on 2000-11-30 17:04:43 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Gordon Robertson" <Smoke@5...>
wrote:
> I posted a message earlier asking if any of you experts out there
> would be interested in designing a package (contollers, CAD/CAM
> software etc. that could be used as a "standard" for these machines
> I'm designing? I never got any responses and can't seem to find it
> in the archives so maybe it was erased?
>
> I've been contacted by an individual Malaysia to design several
> pieces of CNC equipment under a grant. I would expect to be able
> use the aforementioned hardware and software on this new equipment.
>
> I was asked to let the group know that anyone interested in
actually
> doing the electricals for any of these systems would probably wind
up
> with a free trip (including accomodations) to Malaysia.
>
> Still no takers?

> Smoke

Dear Sir: My name is Chuck McGhee and I have a business called C & G
Research and you my reach me at 1-253-946-3374.

You did not describe the machine that you wanted to set up and you
did not say if the machine had two or three axis and/or if it had
ball screws or not. Would be willing to convert these machines over
to ball screws and/or CNC and supply controllers and software that I
could buy here in the US. Need to know approximately how many
machines you want to set up and run. If I take on this job will be
required to give instructions in Malaysia to teachers or students? I
presentlly have two shop tasks machines that I have converted over to
ball screws and have two CAMTRONICS, 1 - 2 amp and 1 - 5 amp
controller and 1 Wolf Craft table top mill (all three machines use
XYZ and A axis - 4 axis machines). If you feel that you might want
to deal with me please give me a call at the above number and we
could dicuss some arrangements.

Sincerely Yours,

Chuck McGhee

Discussion Thread

Gordon Robertson 2000-11-30 15:46:31 UTC CNC for Malaysia charles f mcghee 2000-11-30 17:04:43 UTC Re: CNC for Malaysia Doug Harrison 2000-11-30 18:56:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] CNC for Malaysia