CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: ATX Power Supply

Posted by Lou Jackson
on 2000-12-01 12:08:52 UTC
In order to use an ATX power supply not connected to a mother board, you will have to do two, and possibly three, things:

1) Switch the Power Supply (PS) On pin to ground
2) Put some reasonable static load on one (or more) of the +5V Outputs
3) Put a 10 to 100ma load (500 to 50 ohms) on the +5V Standby Output

+3.3V o o +3.3V
-12.0V o o +3.3V
Ground o o Ground
PS On o o +5.0V
Ground o o Ground
Ground o o +5.0V
Ground o o Ground
-5.0V o o Power Good
+5.0V o o +5V Standby
+5.0V o o +12V

Lou Jackson

> From: "Richard Spelling" <richard@...>
> Subject: Re: atx power supply
>
> You are supposed to be able to put a load on 5v and get them to work.
>
> Didn't work for me though, finaly found an older supply that worked without a load.

Discussion Thread

Lou Jackson 2000-12-01 12:08:52 UTC Re: ATX Power Supply