CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear?

Posted by Jeff Barlow
on 2000-12-02 00:10:20 UTC
Mariss,

Yup, that's pretty much what I was thinking after I read your original
metaphor. After I sent the message I was still thinking: "how in hell do
you explain a capacitor to a shrink". After a while I remembered that
same old flywheel analogy. It must've been in some old electronics text
we all read, back in the dark ages (the tube epoch).

I'd like to believe the Prozac makes me more "centered", rather that
merely bland. The weird thing is that the spell checker keeps trying to
tell me I've just misspelled "Prosaic".

Jeff

On Sat, 02 Dec 2000 06:43:39 -0000, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Look at it this way. A capacitior is like a flywheel, it integrates
>the good with the bad and finds the middle ground. By its nature, a
>capacitor is non-judgmental, it understands that every side has its
>point of view. In politiics it would be a moderate; by its nature it
>would seek the middle ground, intrinsically averaging every
>viewpoint. It finds what is common, leveling the hills, filling in
>the valleys. Your shrink would probably say its "centered":)
>
>Mariss

Discussion Thread

Robert Allen & Marsha Camp 2000-12-01 16:31:40 UTC Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear? Mariss Freimanis 2000-12-01 19:17:15 UTC Re: Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear? Jeff Barlow 2000-12-01 21:11:27 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear? Smoke 2000-12-01 21:36:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear? Mariss Freimanis 2000-12-01 22:43:46 UTC Re: Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear? Mariss Freimanis 2000-12-01 23:33:45 UTC Re: Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear? Jeff Barlow 2000-12-02 00:10:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Stepper power supplies, unregulated or regulated? Switched or linear?