CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re: motion control books

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-12-05 04:03:18 UTC
Tom wrote:
> Does anyone know any good tutorials
> or books on the ins and outs of motion
> control?

Tom,

Best I've seen is: Motion control by Chuck Raskin. It's about 50
bucks and worth every penny. I may not have the title exactly right.
But it may not be what you're looking for, see below. This was
written as a textbook to accompany seminars put on by the author.

Jacob Tal, who Alan recommended is a "main guy" at Galil. Heavy on
the servo and process control parts, not much stepper stuff... IMO,
it's a little TOO galil "advertorial". Not so much in that what he
says isn't true. Just that what he says supports the choices Galil
has made... And doesn't really explore the "other" choices they COULD
have made.

Having said that:
Basics of motion control? What exactly, are you asking for? This is a
BROAD subject! Define what you're looking for; CNC? mfg. process
control? servo loops? stepper routines(s/w)? axes definitions? Tune
your request and we may be able to give you some other help.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-12-05 04:03:18 UTC re: motion control books Joe Vicars 2000-12-05 05:24:34 UTC motion control books Jerry Kimberlin 2000-12-05 06:52:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: motion control books