CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] interpolation and algorithms of multiple axes was Re: Pulse Gen

Posted by dave engvall
on 2000-12-06 19:37:37 UTC
Jeff Barlow wrote:

> Alan,
>
> It's Donald Knuth, IIRC.
>
> Hold on there, I didn't say anything about circular interpolation in
> hardware. That's a whole other can of worms.
>
> The trick has always been to find the smallest part of a system that
> really has to be fast, and do only that part in hardware.
>
> Jeff

I might rephrase that: profile the system in software and find out what take the most time. Recode that 10% or so that is taking
90% of the time and then if that isn't fast enough do it in hardware.

Better algorithms in either hardware or software can be most impressive.

Dave

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-06 18:40:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] interpolation and algorithms of multiple axes was Re: Pulse Gen Jeff Barlow 2000-12-06 18:54:57 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] interpolation and algorithms of multiple axes was Re: Pulse Gen dave engvall 2000-12-06 19:37:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] interpolation and algorithms of multiple axes was Re: Pulse Gen