CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]

on 2000-12-07 12:01:06 UTC
I am not a CNC techie but have helped repair a few I have worked on. I ran a
G&L horizontal with a numeripath 8000B control that you could see the servo
feedback in the ladders on the control CRT. But to be honest I have seen
most of these trouble shooted by switching out axis boards. Don't know if
this will help but hope it does
Bill
Please Visit Our Website @ http://www.virtualmachinist.com and
http://www.machinistsoftware.com and http://www.copco.net
----- Original Message -----
From: "Art Fenerty" <fenerty@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com>; "PhilC" <pcovington@...>
Sent: Thursday, December 07, 2000 10:54 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO]

> Hi All:
>
> I have a question for the CNC techies out there. I was asked to repair
a local Gidding and lewis vertical mill. It
> has a problem with the dynapath controller. When you jog
> the x or z axis (say by .001 or so) the motors start to creep in the
proper direction, but won't stop. If you then jog in the opposite direction,
they change direction but again don't stop. The larger the jhog step, the
faster the servo's but when they get too fast it triggers a servo fault on
that axis.
> This unit is about 25 feet tall and 20 feet wide. It was just
re-installed after being bought at an auction. Does this