CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Super deal on Pro/Engineer, or not?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2000-12-08 07:45:29 UTC
randolph.e.howard@... wrote:

> Howdy,
> Here is a web site with super prices on software. Has anyone dealt
> with these guys before? Are they on the level? Check out the price
> on Pro/Engineer 2000i2. They sell on e-bay too. What gives?

I just took a look, it would appear the link to Windows software is
broken, or maybe they happened to be updating that page at the moment I
tried to view it. They claim to sell software purchased from bankrupt
retailers. If you are considering buying a major CAD or CAM package, I'd
suggest contacting that company directly and see if you will qualify for
support/updates. Be aware that most major CAD/CAM packages are sold
through VAR's, and to get any meaningful support you must purchase a
maintenance contract which typically runs some percentage of the retail
purchase price, payable every year. This entitles you to tech support
and updates.
If the company that makes the program you are buying won't support you
and you run into any problems, you will be on your own as far as
figuring out the problem. Some programs require you call in to get a
special code to fully unlock the program. That scenario would leave you
with an inoperative program.

randolph.e.howard@b... 2000-12-07 17:30:26 UTC Super deal on Pro/Engineer, or not? Joe Vicars 2000-12-07 17:48:41 UTC Re: Super deal on Pro/Engineer, or not? Wally K 2000-12-07 21:24:58 UTC Re: Super deal on Pro/Engineer, or not? Jon Anderson 2000-12-08 07:45:29 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Super deal on Pro/Engineer, or not? Mike Mueller 2000-12-08 09:59:33 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Super deal on Pro/Engineer, or not? Wally K 2000-12-08 17:15:22 UTC Re: Super deal on Pro/Engineer, or not?