CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: "metric" ballscrews? , and other misc.

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-12-09 12:38:13 UTC
Smoke wrote:
>600 IPM is obtainable even using the "artificial limits". The
>secret lies is in the mechanics, not the electronics.
>Start with a faster pitch lead screw and work from there.

Smoke,

I believe you misunderstood my explanation re: CncPRO.

The program "sets" a really low "top speed" through some internally
derived algorithm, which seems to have no REAL basis. In other words,
there appears to be some mistake(s) in the basic mathematical
assumptions used by the program. For slower (hobby machinist)
feedrates, it does not present a problem, but for faster speeds, it
can.

Sure, you could set up a 1:6 ratio and use a "fast" leadscrew, but
then the motors/drivers become unwieldy.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-12-09 12:38:13 UTC Re: "metric" ballscrews? , and other misc. Smoke 2000-12-09 13:59:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: "metric" ballscrews? , and other misc.