CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

3D file renderer/converter

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2000-12-09 17:51:41 UTC
Mariss Freimanis wrote:

> Wally, I do most of my work in ACAD2000. The renderings were taken
> from ACAD 3D solids using Accurender 3.1. It is a 3rd party
> application that works within ACAD as an .arx application. It is a
> raytrace and radiosity rendering engine that blows just about
> everything else out of the water. Only $495!

..or if your budget is $0 (or $40 if you use it a lot), you can try
3D Explorer (for Windoze) at http://www.xdsoft.com/explorer/

It will load just about any 3D object (or 2D image), and
display it, rotate it in real time (using OpenGL if your card supports it),
and convert to other 3D formats & 2D formats/slideshows/fli's etc.
You can give the image a 'flick' with the mouse, and it will continue
to rotate at that speed on the screen (while you sit back and admire
your work).

This is definately the highest quality almost-free package I have
ever seen (besides Linux, of course). I most heartily recommend it.

Doug Fortune

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2000-12-09 17:51:41 UTC 3D file renderer/converter