CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Black box/kerr

Posted by andrew abken
on 2000-12-10 16:09:35 UTC
Ron wrote:

>For $200 the PicServo does exactly what I want, but it has the servo amp
>built in and only drives 4amps. If Kerr will separate the control logic
>from the servo amp it would be my choice.
>
>ron ginger

Hi Ron,

I have been working with the pic servo for some time now, and like it very
much. I have three axis working with 10 amp motor drives. I did not purchase
his boards, but rather built my own servo system with a combo of pic servo /
hip4081 mosfet motor drivers. He sells the pic servo system as a chipset as
well as a board level product. The chipset only costs between 40 - 50$ per
axis, depending on what type of pic servo you want.
For what this chipset can do its the cheap and easy way to get a servo
system going, in my opinion.

Ignore this if you already were aware of this information:)

Andrew Abken

andrew abken 2000-12-10 16:09:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Black box/kerr