CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] pc bds was Re: re: Smart box / Dumb box

Posted by Jeff Barlow
on 2000-12-11 09:42:25 UTC
Hi guys,

Ok, since we're talking PCB shops now, has anyone out there tried this
place in Bulgaria yet? The price is right.

See: http://www.olimex.com/ and http://www.olimex.com/pcb.html

Jeff

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 12:10:12 -0000, Wally wrote:

>ballendo wrote:
>> Jeff, list,
>>
>> As long as we're talking pc bds, a few pointers:
>>
>> 1) Work WITH your vendor to reduce cost. Preferably BEFORE you
>commit
>> to bd size and layout. Learn THEIR "preferred" way to work, and
>> what "standard" REALLY means. YOU may think leaving the solder mask
>> off will save you money, In fact, it might mean 'pulling' your job
>> out of the normal flow, and cost you more.
>>

>Wally K. replys:
>
>You have point number 1 right.
>

>> ballendo wrote:
>> 2) Accept that it will take some time for you to accomplish the
>> above. Aim for a 'working' relationship and don't jump vendors to
>> save a buck or two...
>

>Wally K. replys:
>
>Poor advice. I know 2 people who own PCB shops and have researched
>many on the web. PCB's are sold by a formula they have. The name of
>the customer rarely if ever comes in to play. In fact i was with one
>of my friends when this came up.

<SNIP>

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-12-10 23:02:18 UTC pc bds was Re: re: Smart box / Dumb box Wally K 2000-12-11 04:10:17 UTC pc bds was Re: re: Smart box / Dumb box Jeff Barlow 2000-12-11 09:42:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] pc bds was Re: re: Smart box / Dumb box