CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CncPro question

Posted by tauseef
on 2000-12-11 21:59:34 UTC
hey
hey joe
I too am learing the setups and in and outs of cncpro myself. From
what I understand from your letter you could use the relative
coordinates and use "M" for move and then put in where you want the
machine to go from hole to hole...then use the Z axis manuelly to
drill the hole. You could also use the drill cycle (think its G81) or
the drill cycle (G83) to do it all in one step (yeagers example works
here). I don't think you could move the machine manuelly between
lines if your in the absolute coordinates but probably can if in the
relative...will have to try it out.
As far as the motor config...I am running 2A 180 oz motors (400 steps
per mm) and am using 14.4mm/sec or 33.3in/min. Acceleration is at
0.5m/sec^2 or 1.64 ft/sec^2. From what I understand the motors will
not move faster than the max velocity under "calibration settings"
and will not jog faster than what is under "unit,lable,jog..."
settings. So I gues you could potentially feedrate faster then your
jog rate !?!? The slow jog is also dependent on the acceleration
setting and cannot be made higher than what it sets as max.
hope this helps
taus

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Joe Vicars <jvicars@c...> wrote:
> If I am executing a program line by line in CNC pro, can I jog
the
> axes in between line executions?
> For instance I want to move to a position, stop, drill manually
> using the Z jog, then move to the next point, repeat... etc etc.
>
> Also, can someone give me a starting point for the motor
> configurations menu? I.E. max steps per sec and acceleration
> parameters? This is for the Bridgeport Series 1 (size 42 motors)
> Does the max step/sec mean that the motor will never go faster
than
> that, even if you program a faster feedrate? Or does that just set
the
> speed for rapid moves?
>
> Thanks

Discussion Thread

Joe Vicars 2000-12-11 06:37:55 UTC CncPro question tauseef 2000-12-11 21:59:34 UTC Re: CncPro question