CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 979

Posted by John Murphy
on 2000-12-15 14:20:33 UTC
I'm also in the process of a conversion. While one doesn't have do deal
with
the "quill" issue of a lot of mills, I'm also less than impressed with
mine
and am looking for something with a bigger table and a better design.

The stock screws in the table are pretty terrible. I've been machining
new nuts (out of the brass/Al alloy), but the stiffness in the mill
is making the quality of the work suffer.

On a different note:
I found a great little device for making a pendant for EMC, or really
any
CNC program. It's a gamepad called the powerAMP mite, and they can be
found
(even from the manufacturer) for less than $15.00. You plug this guy
into your
keyboard port (between your keyboard and your motherboard) and then
"program" it with
key sequences. No drivers or OS specific stuff, and each button can
perform several key strokes.

murph