CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Code behind the Code

Smoke wrote:

> Wally,
> My guess would be each G code is a software call to a "canned" subroutine
> that sends sgnals to the stepper controller.
> Just from curiosity, I'd like to kknow how it works too. Just knowing
> exactly how it works might make it easy to create a system that would work
> the way "YOU" wanted it to rather than how someone else things it should
> work.

Most likely, there is low-performance software that works this way. Most
better software needs to do things from a higher perspective, however,
to take into account that you'd like to go from one move to the next without
having to come to a complete stop, if the two consecutive moves are
approximately in the same direction. This gets very complicated when you
have a string of .001" moves requested at high speed, and the machine takes
.050" to stop from that speed. This requires the computer to be looking
ahead at least 50 blocks of G-code to see the stop coming up.

Then, it gets even worse, in the case that some of the moves might be straight,
and some could be arc segments, and you need to move smoothly from
one to the other.

Wally6800@n... 2000-12-16 15:08:11 UTC Code behind the Code Smoke 2000-12-16 15:18:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Code behind the Code Kory Hamzeh 2000-12-16 15:30:29 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Code behind the Code Jon Elson 2000-12-16 21:46:25 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Code behind the Code Jon Elson 2000-12-16 21:50:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Code behind the Code Alan Marconett KM6VV 2000-12-17 13:53:47 UTC Re: Code behind the Code