CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo Board

on 1999-07-21 17:41:12 UTC
Tom Kulaga wrote:

> From: Tom Kulaga <tkulaga@...>
>
> > From: "Dan Mauch" <dmauch@...>
> >
> >If someone will give me a schematic I will build it.
> >Dan
>
> I'll put it together as soon as I get a chance. I assume we'll be
> needing 4 DAC channels to handle the 4 encoder inputs? I guess this
> is best answered by the EMC guys.
>
> OK, so here's what I'm thinking:
>
> - 4 channels of encoder input
> - 4 DAC outputs
> - Fully buffered, and regulated DC supply for encoders
> - 8 bit ISA (would 16 bit be better?)
> - Would a counter-timer chip be useful?
> - Some digital TTL level I/O would be good, but how many channels?
>
> I really want to do this right the first time, so let's get some
> discussion going. If there's a need, we could even make this a 6
> axis board. I'd probably want to make that a 2 board solution (to
> keep us using 2-level PCB's, and keep it HSM repeatable). There's no
> unreasonable requests that can be made on this, but there is a limit
> on just how much you can put on a 2-level board, so we need to make
> sure we have the right gear on there.
>
> -Tom Kulaga

Tom;

I am not to knowlegeable on servo operation so bear with me on this.

Would one of the analog outputs be able to control the spindle
speed, or would this be overkill for the hobbiest?

Do most encoders use the same voltage? 5 volts?

What would the counter timer chip be used for?

Bill

Discussion Thread

William Scalione 1999-07-21 17:41:12 UTC Re: Servo Board TADGUNINC@x... 1999-07-21 18:18:07 UTC Re: Servo Board PTENGIN@x... 1999-07-21 18:47:46 UTC Re: Servo Board lnx2050 2003-10-07 15:44:32 UTC Servo Board