CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Another treasure spotted at Boeing Surplus...

on 2000-12-23 20:42:52 UTC
Going over the archived messages...

I wish I'd seen this message when it was new! I have a van, and live
just in Tacoma. I'd have gladly split the cost with you and driven
them to where you could remove the rotary tables.

Steve Greenfield

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, dougrasmussen@c... wrote:
> Group,
>
> Boeing currently has 2 Master Machine precision dovetail slides with

> acme lead screws. These are big ones, about 8 feet long, 8" wide
> dovetail, 1" diameter lead screw. It'd be easy to shorten these for
> smaller applications. Plus, they both have high dollar Troyke 12"
> rotary tables mounted on them. $100 each. They appear to have only
> been out in the rain for about a week.
>
> Both slides together would make an incredible foundation for a large
> gantry machine.
>
> Neither my friend or I had a use for the slides, but tried to buy
one
> of the rotary tables. In Boeing's usual fashion they rejected my
> friend's offer of $150 for only the rotary table ("We can't separate
> items!!"). The slides themselves are too heavy to move without a
> forklift and we only had my car so we passed on buying the whole
> assembly.
>
> Doug

Discussion Thread

dougrasmussen@c... 2000-10-22 09:30:52 UTC Another treasure spotted at Boeing Surplus... JanRwl@A... 2000-10-22 12:10:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another treasure spotted at Boeing Surplus... Anne Ogborn 2000-10-22 12:36:26 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Another treasure spotted at Boeing Surplus... dougrasmussen@c... 2000-10-22 14:25:29 UTC Re: Another treasure spotted at Boeing Surplus... Steve Greenfield 2000-12-23 20:42:52 UTC Re: Another treasure spotted at Boeing Surplus...