CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: It lives!

Posted by richard@s...
on 2000-12-27 04:54:33 UTC
Sure.
Leadscrews are 3/8"-12 (should have went faster). They are attached
using ecomonmy ball thrust bearings, combined with bronze flanged
bearings to support the rod. (would machine a holder for ball and
thrust bearings if I had to do it over)

Nuts are brass ones bought from McMaster, fixed to machined aluminum
flanges (my first lathe project!)

Z slides are scavenged from old printers, as is the Z motor.

X and Y slides are 1-1/2" and 1" respectively, bought on ebay.
Thompson shafting and roller bearings.

Driver, and X motor come from Dan of Camtronics fame. This is his 2A
version, runs the 210oz motor from the same source very well.

Y motor is a high torque one from American Scientific.

Speeds with the scavenged AT power supply (~9v) are: X - 12ipm, Y -
8ipm, Z - 10ipm.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Chris Hellyar" <chris@o...>