CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Master5 backlash comp.

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2000-12-27 12:46:27 UTC
Art Fenerty wrote:
>Is backlash compensation real important to users?

Art,
PLEASE include backlash comp! although it often does not solve the
problem it is designed to fix, it can sometimes be very useful. I'll
second the previous message'(in this thread) details.

<snip> wondering how important feed override and backlash comp is.

Feed override is VERY useful,IMO.

>Also was wondering how many people need negative going pulses for
>motor step and direction as opposed to positive pulses. Master5
>generate positive pulses for stepping and negative for flood/mist,
>enable and spindle control. Would this be good for most people or do
>I need to allow for switching the polarity?

Most stepper drives want a negative going pulse. Many optoisolator
circuits invert the signal. So you can see the ability to change
pulse polarity is a good thing, since it will allow for different
setups and is usually pretty easy to do in the programming.

Glad to hear the results so far are good.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2000-12-27 12:46:27 UTC Master5 backlash comp.