CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Homebrew DRO differences ?

Posted by Bob Bachman
on 1999-07-22 21:18:06 UTC
Brad,

I just put together a single axis dro using Steve Lindsay's ideas. I used one
of the $3.95 "cheap encoders/motors" from Electronic Goldmine. I'm using a
486/100
and it seems to count without errors. Quite simple, but it does require a
bi-directional printer card.

Bob

>From: Brad Heuver <bheuver@...>

>The discussions on what is done on what board, and if they are smart or
>dumb prompts me to ask:
>Whats the difference between the Tom K./ Dan M. DRO board method and the
>Steve Lindsay system that used the com port and transistors?
> In other words, since the end result is a DRO on the monitor, how do
>the two differ on where the work is done, and what are the pros/cons of
>each?

Discussion Thread

Brad Heuver 1999-07-22 05:35:05 UTC Homebrew DRO differences ? Bob Bachman 1999-07-22 21:18:06 UTC Re: Homebrew DRO differences ?