CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Gekko g320/340 errors + CNC Pro

Posted by beer@s...
on 2001-01-04 16:06:33 UTC
On 23 Dec, CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com wrote:

> Anyone know how to make CNC pro work on the error output
> from the gekko drives?
> I'm thinking about using the e-stop or limit switch circuit.
> Is there any thing else?

I've been away over Christmas and so not reading things. Did anyone get
back to you over this ?

If not, here's possible solution ( and what I plan to do, as I am right
now in the process of converting my Shoptask from steppers to servos,
using G320s and some motors from DanM ).

There is a circuit in the owner's manual for the G320 showing an
external LED driven off the error output/reset input. Duplicate
that circuit, only replace that LED with an optoisolator having a
transistor output. ( Better still, leave the external LED in place and
simply add the optoiso in series with it, reducing the resistor value
appropriately. )

Do this for all channels.

Now, tie all the emitters of the optoisos together and connect them to
the ground pin(s) of the parallel port.

Next, tie all the collectors of the optoisos together as well ! Add a
single 1k pullup resistor from the collector to a source of 5 volts.

( This 5 volt source should be the same source as you're using to
"power" the step and dir signals going into the G320. )

Connect the junction of the resistor and the collectors to the EStop pin
on the parallel port. Done, AND you're still optoisolated.

Hope this helps.

Alan

P.S. If I've assumed too much electronic knowledge here, let me know.

--

Alan Rothenbush | The Spartans do not ask the number of the
Academic Computing Services | enemy, only where they are.

Discussion Thread

beer@s... 2001-01-04 16:06:33 UTC Gekko g320/340 errors + CNC Pro