CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

re:gcode vars and subs -- How about macros

on 2001-01-07 13:25:47 UTC
Greg,

Why not do the "math" stuff up above. Let the CAD/CAM, or your special
"design" program generate the resultant Gcode. The task needs be kept
divided into several levels of abstraction. Start from where ever you
want, and it all ends up as Gcode. IMO.

Alan KM6VV

Greg Nuspel wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone was working on software that has the ability to
> do macros. What I would want to do with a macro is add formulas that would
> complete tasks that the G code is not designed to do. Useful for things like
> cutting a torus or a spline. We have one fellow at work that is a genius at
> doing things like airfoil shaped blades on a tapered cones. So many
> complecated shapes can be describe in a simple mathmatical model, it
> eliminates programing all those points.
>
> -- Greg Nuspel

Discussion Thread

Greg Nuspel 2001-01-07 04:06:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:gcode vars and subs -- How about macros Lloyd Stallkamp 2001-01-07 09:40:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re:gcode vars and subs -- How about macros Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-07 13:25:47 UTC re:gcode vars and subs -- How about macros