CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: torsion in long leadscrews Now PC router bearings

Posted by ptengin@a...
on 2001-01-10 01:12:36 UTC
In a message dated 01/09/2001 2:28:12 PM Hawaiian Standard Time,
leswatts@... writes:

> BTW I have a pc 690 router for hand use but have never taken it apart.
> What's in there... 62xx abec-1 deep groove? I have a bearing order for other
> stuff and ought to get some extras, perhaps abec3 or 5. They do have higher
> dn capability. Pc's
> bearings may have a different internal clearance spec as high speed bearings
> often do. It's kinda on the outer limits for grease lubrication too.
>
> Leslie Watts
> L M Watts Furniture
> Tiger, Georgia USA
> http://www.rabun.net/~leswatts/wattsfurniturewp.html

Les,

Whether you get shields or seals, they don't keep crud out of the bearings
for very long. I've gone to using Abec 1s and simply replacing them after so
many hours. The roar does get quite a bit louder. I was using 4 PCs at one
point, rotating them through the rebuild bench on a regular basis. Enough to
make one want a Perske or Columbo.

Peter
THRD, Inc.

ptengin@a... 2001-01-10 01:12:36 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: torsion in long leadscrews Now PC router bearings