CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CutViewer; dynamic 3D cutting display

on 2001-01-11 11:41:42 UTC
Alvaro,

I know what you mean! It's a good thing when you forget whether you're
working or playing!

It must be rough writing Gcode without a computer! Hope you don't have
to code on an old TTY! ;>)

$250 is a bit steep, It's better then Vector's, but then QSimulation
comes with Vector CAD/CAM at no additional charge. I just wish
QSimulation accepted stock size parms in the Gcode file like CutViewer.
Also, QSimulation needs to "remember" a few more things, like toolbar
settings IMO. Still a good thing to have.

I can't imagine (well, I can, but...) how a shop could write all but the
most elementary Gcode off-line without CAD/CAM. Surly, they could
afford something! Sure, if the code fits on a page, it might be quicker
to enter it by hand, but otherwise, CAD/CAM!

Adding a "learn" or "teach" mode to save CNC moves (from MDI) sounds
valuable, but is a little more "step by step" and intuitive. Then add a
small editor, and then add...

Alan KM6VV

Alvaro Fogassa wrote:

> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Alan Marconett KM6VV <KM6VV@a...>
> wrote:
> > Alvaro,
> >
> > I ran it again today, it warns "expired", then comes up.
> Funny 'tho, I
> > don't think it is "cutting" anything, so I think you're right! I'd
> like
> > to hear a price, if anyone finds it!
> >
> > Vector CAD/CAM comes with a viewer, if you're in the market for a
> > program!
> >
> > Alan KM6VV
> >

> I've heard it's goes forabout $250.00,If I could afford I would buy
> it.the funny thing is that i've got a real:-) job as a cnc operator
> about 9 months ago,about 3 years after I've got my sherline mill
> retrofited to cnc, and i've just got promoted to programer and they
> do it all by hand(no computer or cadcam).tonight after some help from
> another old timer, I've programed a fairly complex part to be cut and
> I could only see if everything was all right by running the
> machine,there was a fell errors but nothing that crashed the machine
> (Kitamura vmc)so i think that 6 months from now i will not be so
> dependent on computer to generate the codes anymore.well maybe for
> very complex 3d parts as 3d models.
> There is nothing better then doing what you like to do!

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-11 11:41:42 UTC Re: CutViewer; dynamic 3D cutting display