CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

diamond drag wasRe: Re: Any exciting on topic Christmas presents?

Posted by ballendo@y...
on 2001-01-13 14:50:46 UTC
Rich D wrote:
>I made such a device for scratch tracing designs on clear acrylic
>sheet to not only test out a file, but as a finished item. Mine
>has only 3 parts. A hard steel stylus (antique phonograph needle), a
>small coil compression spring and a short length of 1/4" dia brass
>rod.

List,

Commercial engravers use a diamond tipped 'point' (non-spinning) and
call it "diamond drag" engraving. Most monogramming of personal items
is done this way, since the curvature (if any) of the item is nearly
inconsequential...

The diamond tips are available from any engraving supplier.

Hope this helps.

Ballendo

P.S. Just thought of using a grinding wheel 'dressing' diamond.
Hmmm...

Discussion Thread

ballendo@y... 2001-01-13 14:50:46 UTC diamond drag wasRe: Re: Any exciting on topic Christmas presents?