CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: one-liners

on 2001-01-13 20:14:42 UTC
ballendo@... wrote:

> What these "one-liners" do is show agreement, or support, of the
> position/ idea expressed. It's polite, kind, and caring. It's about
> giving TO others as well as taking FROM others...

We will disagree on this. I think it is impolite and very
lacking in forethought to say nothing and making list members pay
to download it.

> I'm glad the delete key is working well for you. You may be missing a
> lot if you're deleting based on subject line. We haven't been too
> good at updating them to reflect what's REALLY being discussed :-)

People who post do not help themselves or others by not changing
the subject line. I may miss something, but that will show up
when I ask a question that has already been answered. Changing
the subject line has always been a bone of contention on every
newsgroup I've been on, so it is really of little concern. OTOH,
if you want to be read, you will give the perspective reader a
decent chance by using a fairly accurate subject line. This is
especially true if you have a question or are providing an answer
from your expert experience or profession.

JerryK

Discussion Thread

Jerry Kimberlin 2001-01-13 20:14:42 UTC Re: one-liners