CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Me Too's?

Posted by Terry Ackland
on 2001-01-14 13:11:35 UTC
---What would be regarded as useful? this is a hobby group and should
be fun. I enjoy reading the posts from guys working to millionths
with
a hobby machine constructed of aluminum.
T.Ackland

In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "Fred Smith" <imserv@i...> wrote:

> One of the problems with a "Me Too" response to this e-group mail
list, is that there are now over 1000 members. If even a small
portion of the group decided to post a me to, there would easily be a
megabyte of useless e-mail per recipient. This kind of activity
would
quickly cause a serious decline in the usefulness of the group and
would undoubtedly cause many marginal interest lurkers to find a more
interesting and productive forum.

> My recommendation for me-toos, would be to respond by e-mail in
private. Some on the list do that to me & it is usually more
meaningful than a me-to on the forum, as they also provide personal
insight that might not be for "public" consumption.

> Another option along this line, is that I have noticed that there
are some capabilities to conduct surveys with e-groups. Maybe Bill &
Tim would like to look into this and setup an area, where we could
say
me-to, but not blast it along, thereby diluting the rich content of
the list.

http://209.69.202.197/cadcamedmdro.html

> imserv@i... Voice:248-486-3600 or 800-386-1670 Fax: 248-486-3698

Discussion Thread

Fred Smith 2001-01-14 11:31:51 UTC Me Too's? Terry Ackland 2001-01-14 13:11:35 UTC Re: Me Too's? Smoke 2001-01-14 13:18:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Me Too's? Greg Nuspel 2001-01-14 13:24:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Me Too's? Fred Smith 2001-01-14 16:58:14 UTC Re: Me Too's?