CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: 640 x 480 Resolution Problem

Posted by Bob Bachman
on 1999-07-29 20:30:33 UTC
Patrick,

One of the problems you may run into with 640/480 res. is not seeing all of
a window.
When I tried to run Tim's rt install script in 640/480 res. I found I could
not
see the 4 buttons at the bottom of the Xconfig Window. These buttons are
needed to load and save Tim's config file. Even worse, there is no way to
exit that
screen short of ctrl/alt/bkspc (or worse yet - reset) since one of the
buttons is the
exit button. Now it gets really ugly! When you try to rerun Tim's script,
it finds
the partially installed components and stops to ask if you want to use or
replace
each one. Since I didn't know the right answers, I threw up my hands and
started
all over with a new install of linux.

(I have surprised and embarrassed myself with some of the
language/explicatives
I have come up with trying to install linux, rt, & emc.)

Perhaps someone on the list can tell us how to run Xconfig as a test first
before
running the T/script.

Good luck,

Bob