CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: pinouts for Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface

Posted by Lee Studley
on 2001-01-18 21:17:58 UTC
Doug,
My guess would be that the other two lines might be !A and !B
complement signals for a
balance line pair to cancle noise in the CNC environs...?..

Hopefully someone on the list is has one and will open up the
counter case and give some insight.

I found a place that sell/repairs them, so they may be nice and
provide some information:
http://humlog.homestead.com/mitutoyodro/digitalreadout.html
If you already know this stuff, skip:

***** If youre determined to experiment at your own( or rather the
scales) risk:

First check for continuity to the case. This could be ground. Use
series resistors of 1K-10K (larger is better/safer) to apply the
5volts to the terminals you think are correct. This series R will
hopefully supply enough current to power the internals, but protect
the unit if the guesses are wrong. have a scope on the other signals
ready to see if you get outputs, and only apply power for short
intervals while determining the correct pinouts.

I dont know if the scales aare intelligent like the calipers, using
digimatic, or they are quadrature like reguler glass scale types.

I think I read that the Mitutoyo DROs are capacitance based rather
than LED/glass scales, so this might impact the currect required
(lower current would be my assumption).

-Lee

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, Doug Fortune <pentam@h...> wrote:
> Does anyone know the electrical pinouts for the
> Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface ?
>
> The connector has six conductors arranged in a hexagon.
> Presumably there is GND, +5V, quadrature TTL channel A,
> quadrature TTL channel B.
>
> But which pins, and what about the other two conductors?
>
> thanks
> Doug Fortune

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2001-01-18 19:20:41 UTC pinouts for Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface Lee Studley 2001-01-18 21:17:58 UTC Re: pinouts for Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface