CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

pinouts for Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface found!

Posted by Doug Fortune
on 2001-01-19 20:52:47 UTC
Doug Fortune <pentam@...> wrote:

>Does anyone know the electrical pinouts for the
>Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface ?

Courtesy of Mitutoyo Canada, here are the binary and analog outputs:

Binary (ie TTL quadrature) - they call it AT2N (0.005 mm)
Starting at the notch (top) being 1, counting to 6 anticlockwise
(no I don't know if that is the male or female end):
1- +5 volt DC (+/- 5% at 150 mA)
2- A TTL quadrature phase (complete cycle is 20 uM wide, ie high for 10, low for 10)
3- B TTL quadrature phase (complete cycle as above)
4- ABS (I presume ABSOLUTE, or TTL high on INDEX pulse which is
20 +/- 5 uM wide)
5- 0 volt (I presume GND)
6- sealed (I presume NoConnection)

The applicable receptacle part numbers being RM12BRD-6S and RM12BRB-6S
and I don't know which is male or female.

Analog (two quadrature sine waves) - they call it AT2FN (0.001 mm)
Starting at the notch (top) being 1, and counting to 6 anticlockwise, 7 is centre
1- NoConnection
2- phase A (centred on 5V, 4 volt peak to peak ie +3 to +7 range)
3- phase B ( as above)
4- ABS (as above, Vhigh = 3.5 volt minimum - ie probably TTL )
5- 0 volt (GND)
6- Sealed
7- +10 volts DC (+/- 5% at 100 mA)

The applicable receptacle part numbers being RM12BRD-7S and RM12BRB-7S
and I still don't know which is the male or female.

Hope someone finds this useful someday.....

Doug Fortune

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2001-01-19 20:52:47 UTC pinouts for Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface found! Lee Studley 2001-01-19 22:47:43 UTC Re: pinouts for Mitutoyo DRO/scale interface found!