CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: IJK interp was Re: G code Examples / Cutviewer

Alan Marconett KM6VV wrote:

> Ballendo,
>
> Can you give Manufacturer's names to these "flavors" of G02/G03? The
> one I first "understood" (?) must be "TO" the center?
>
> G00 X 0.191 Y 0.462
> G03 X 0.191 Y 0.462 I -0.191 J -0.462 (#1 CCW 360 circle @ 67.5)

Old Allen-Bradley controls required the IJK to be unsigned. A negative
IJK word would cause the most hysterical movements I've seen, such as
running in an expanding spiral about 10 times and then heading off to
extreme -X at high speed! (The machinist got a bit hysterical, too!)
This was on the A-B 7320 series, from the late 70's. Arcs could only
be specified in quadrants, if you asked it to do more than 90 degrees,
other strange stuff happened.

Jon Elson 2001-01-25 15:03:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] re: IJK interp was Re: G code Examples / Cutviewer Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-01-25 16:23:47 UTC re: IJK interp was Re: G code Examples / Cutviewer