CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1107

Posted by Les Watts
From: "Marcus & Eva" <implmex@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, February 02, 2001 12:06 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1107

> Hi Tony:
> snip>You mean you've not heard the phrase "as purfled as a newt"?? Its
> >familiar state to reach on a Friday night after a hard week's work...<
>
> Seems I have missed out on a great cultural tradition here.
> Does it come with adverse consequences the next day??
>
> Less Puzzled in Canada

Marcus.

Being the end of the week I may get a six after work, play
some guitar, and get very slightly purfled. "How many beers
before you sound like Eric Clapton" is a very good measure
of how much you have been practicing! As I have not been due
to a finger wound I had better not try that test right now.

Ballendo is right about miters when inlaying this stuff. ANY
visible defects are considered poor workmanship. The same for inlays. No
putty allowed. No gaps either.So instrument makers will have a great
interest in doing this with CNC as it is so labor intensive. Thousandths
matter.
The only problem is sharp inside corners. Laser is good to handle that. I
had a YAG laser trimmer that could do it slowly
over 1.5 " square but I gave it to a school. I could not afford
the upkeep to run it a lot. Steel rule die laser engravers do an ok job on
plywood and plastic. CO2 is a little bit more coarse usually due to the
longer wavelength. I got fairly crisp lines with brass templates though. I
built a machine for a client using a 2kw Spectra Physics laser a long time
ago that was used that way. It was also very expensive to run.

Leslie Watts
L M Watts Furniture
Tiger, Georgia USA
http://www.rabun.net/~leswatts/wattsfurniturewp.html

Discussion Thread

Tony Jeffree 2001-02-02 01:04:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1107 Marcus & Eva 2001-02-02 08:04:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1107 Les Watts 2001-02-02 10:53:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1107 FRED MAY 2001-02-02 12:37:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1107