CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] henrys

carlcnc@... wrote:

> Phil
> thanks for response, this is really out of my "area"
> is there a value or a conversion of henrys to force? ie in/lbs
> ft/lbs, etc.? I am trying to get some idea of the power available from
> these motors.

Henrys is a measure of inductance. There is no way to calculate
motor force from the inductance, but I strongly believe the
Hn Hs info on the data sheet does NOT relate in any way
to Henrys, anyway. 20 Henrys is quite enormous, and 20 A
into to Henrys represents a LOT of energy. If you apply a
20 V voltage to a 20 H inductor, it will develop a current of
1 Amp after one second. It will take 20 seconds for the
current to build to 20 Amps. If you want to develop full
force after only one second, you'd need 400 V (20 X 20 ) applied.

Force is not measured in in-Lbs or Ft-Lbs. These are generally
units of torque, but can be confused with units of work, normally
Lbs-Ft. Force is just Pounds, in imperial units.

carlcnc@s... 2001-02-05 21:18:29 UTC henrys Jon Elson 2001-02-05 22:02:58 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] henrys