CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re:Computer set up question.

on 2001-02-06 11:02:38 UTC
Bill,

A machine with Windows loaded CAN come up in DOS. there is a config.dos
(?) file, which has about 3 entries (of several) that need/can be
modified. I'll have to look it up in my home office, I don't have it
here. I have only experimented with CNCpro on a DOS 6.22 machine. Try
it! New HD? Load '98, exit to DOS, and see if CNCpro runs. In not
satisfactory, THEN modify the .DOS (?) file, and try it in '98 DOS. If
not that, then make up a REAL 6.22 boot disk. I just use a separate
"PURE" DOS machine, and sneaker net (floppy) for MaxNC. I do CAD,
'C++', WEB on a full Windoz '98 machine.

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Alan KM6VV

wanliker@... wrote:

> We have 1111 members on the list today, you can't all be lurkers can you?
>
> I am setting up a computer for the shop, primarily for Vector, and CNCPRO. I
> have DOS 6.22, Win 95, and Win 98 available. The HD is empty. How is the
> best way to set up the computer for these two programs?
>
> I would like to avoid starting with a disk. But would like to have a choice
> on how the computer starts.
>
> Will CNCPRO run off the DOS prompt in Win 98 and control the machines without
> problems, or do I have to run the actual DOS program outside of Windows, for
> CNCPRO to control the machines without problems?
>
> Any help/suggestions will be appreciated, but step by step Please. Onlist
> OK, as others might also benefit.
> Thanks,
> bill

Discussion Thread

Alan Marconett KM6VV 2001-02-06 11:02:38 UTC Re:Computer set up question. Art Fenerty 2001-02-06 11:50:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Computer set up question. Arnold &Diane Chord 2001-02-06 16:39:16 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re:Computer set up question.