CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: CO2 Lasers

Posted by Bertho Boman
on 1999-08-07 07:44:50 UTC
Since this is a "CNC" group, the problem is to obtain or build a PRACTICAL and RELIABLE laser.

After it is working well, hooking it up to a CNC something is basically a mechanical problem.

One interesting and sometimes practical application could be to cut out layers of thin material, plastic or steel and them braze
or glue them together for prototype 3-D models or even final product samples. Spackle and paint will do wonders to smooth it
out.

Bertho Boman

> From: MIADsgns@...
>
> Say guys and gals(?) :
>
> I for one would love to retrofit my homemade 3 axis router with an
> inexpensive laser. I was looking into doing it three years ago, but not much
> was written on the subject and not many were interested. Since this subject
> has come up again, I am thinking about it once more.
>
> Would like to know the pros and con and how feasible it would be to retrofit
> the PC driven router with a CO2 or Yag laser any precautions etc.
>
> Anyone that has professional or experimental experience with these lasers for
> machining applications, please jump in.
>
> Thanks all!
>
> Mario
> http://members.aol.com/microchper/mia280.htm

Discussion Thread

Bertho Boman 1999-08-07 02:21:39 UTC Re: CO2 Lasers MIADsgns@x... 1999-08-07 07:00:16 UTC Re: CO2 Lasers Bertho Boman 1999-08-07 07:44:50 UTC Re: CO2 Lasers Don Hughes 1999-08-07 10:59:32 UTC Re: CO2 Lasers Bob Bachman 1999-08-08 21:50:30 UTC Re: CO2 Lasers garfield@x... 1999-08-08 20:30:37 UTC Re: CO2 Lasers