CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Careers and stuff

on 2001-02-18 19:22:46 UTC
How to make a real career?

In my eyes this theme needs to bee discussed.
Marcus you got it to the point.

Effort is only made by constant improvement!
Step by step you get far!
With a cudgel and patience you get even the green apples down!
Concentrate on what you do best!

As a Lady who runs a vintage motorcycle shop in San Pedro
LA. says: "The good guys have to stick together!"
Since I work alone, I concentrate on the clients who deserve and appreciate
my help and since then it goes better and better. Before I had to take in
what ever came in, in order to keep the boys busy.

One of the jobs I am proud of is a professional college run by the church.
In 2 years I rebuilt the metalworking machine park. (only 2 1/2 mills are missing.)
At this work I improved a lot, sharpened my observation and became even more
detail orientated.
(I charge on this job much less than normal but feel comfortable receiving the money from
Carlos Quintero the mexican drug zar.)

One hand washes the other that is how I work. And how my small shop got its name.
Really seldom it happens that I come late to an emergency repair.
Most of my clients are suppliers (and became over the time friends),
who appreciate first quality and loyalty.
They know that they can't give certain jobs to anybody else and they will pay for it.
So I stay loyal to who stays loyal to me.
Why waste time on those people who do not appreciate what you do for them?

It is at least for me important to give my best, following grandfathers advises:
"The best quality available is just (barely) good enough!"
"The engineer who isn't at the same time a good mechanics isn't worth a penny!"

One of my best local friends buys always small machines for his shop,
but he makes and buys every imaginable accessory or fixture for it.
He can't accept al the jobs his clients want to have made by him.

For anybody who wants to improve his attitude I recommend the book from
Og Mandino "The greatest salesman in the world"

Have a nice week and good luck.

Sven Peter

PS: By the way I still have to improve a lot specially on my financial situation,
but I notice it becomes better as more as I stick to my principles.