CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Quest for successful CAD->CAM->Controller combinations for web page

on 2001-02-20 20:27:13 UTC
I'm new to CNC, I'm planning on CNC'ing the minilathe next month, and
have found lots of stuff about steppers, but very little about
servo's. As a newcommer, I would be very interested in more info
about servo's.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@y..., Doug Fortune <pentam@h...> wrote:

> Last year I tried to gather together all of the
> sucessful CAD->CAM->Controller combinations
> that people were using, but curiously got not a
> single response! Nevertheless, I think such a
> list would be useful for newcomers and interesting
> for old hands.
>
> I'm building a stepper-driven CNC tutorial and
> FAQ page at http://www.cncKITS.com targeted
> toward these 'newcomers'.
>
> I've tried to explain how using Step & Direction signals
> can drive CNC equipment, but I'd also like to get a
> list of "fer-instances" together (about one page down
> from the top).
>
> I would be happy to post successful combinations
> (ie CAD programs, file transfer formats, controller program)
> if people would care to email them.
>
> I've used STL formats imported to Millwizard and
> (the demo of) Deskproto, and the controllers were
> Kellyware,Mastercontrol CNC and EMC.
>
> However, I know there are a lot of other combinations
> that I can't vouch for, but you can -
> Vectorcam, Bobcad, DanCad, Stepster etc etc.
>
> As they say, the lines are open.
>
> Doug Fortune

Discussion Thread

Doug Fortune 2001-02-20 17:52:18 UTC Quest for successful CAD->CAM->Controller combinations for web page davemucha@j... 2001-02-20 20:27:13 UTC Re: Quest for successful CAD->CAM->Controller combinations for web page