CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone own three-in-one sheetmetal shear/roller/brake ?

Posted by Jon Anderson
on 2001-02-22 08:35:10 UTC
joejoe500@... wrote:

> Hello - iwas wondering if any of you guys own one of those three-in-
> one bench model sheetmetal shear/roller/brake machines ?

The last place I worked at had one. The roller works decent, especially
for thin and soft materials. The brake will need a lot of adjustment to
get everything dialed in, and you will probably never get a consisent 90
degree bend across the whole length unless bending very thin and soft
metals. Shear has the same problems, OK for thin stuff, but if you try
to shear at it's rated capacity, the upper blade will move away from the
lower blade, opening the clearance.
Some might be better than others, but I'm really not impressed with
them. Big qualifier however, if you are doing very thin/soft materials
and/or are not trying to do instrument lab quality work, they might work
for you.

Jon Anderson 2001-02-22 08:35:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Anyone own three-in-one sheetmetal shear/roller/brake ?