CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE:

Posted by Tim Goldstein
on 1999-08-08 08:34:28 UTC
Just some suggestions to widen your search.
That is a Pentium 90 or faster, a PII is not required (but if you find a
good deal, what the heck)
1 gig HD seems like it is more than plenty. I have Linux & EMC on a 850 MB
machine and it worked fine.

As far as power supplies, you need one for the stepper controller 18 - 36
VDC and while 10 amp would probably get you by with the monster motors you
have 15 or more would probably be better. You could get 2 of the
transformers from Dan and hook them in parallel for a 20 amp supply.

The DRO board is powered from the PC and it feedst eh encoders. No need for
external power.

Glad the web site has been a help. It is mostly stuff I have hijacked from
this list and other sites <bg>

Tim
[Denver, CO]

Discussion Thread

Tim Goldstein 1999-08-08 08:34:28 UTC RE: