CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: PIC code etc

Posted by Tony Jeffree
on 2001-02-28 14:20:30 UTC
At 20:31 28/02/2001 +0000, you wrote:
>I've got the CCS 'C' compiler, only simple work with it so far. No
>ICE. I'll check out the URL's, thanks.

Not come across that one. I'm considering investing in the MPLAB ICD setup
- around £100 and gets over the memory limitations of the Icebreaker board
I'm currently using.

>Driving a single motor by commanding "steps" is fine. No need for
>floating point there. Trouble comes in when doing interpolation. I was
>doing long * long, and overflowed on a 10" move. Not very pretty! Back
>to FP.

True - doing interpolation in fixed point has its challenges ;-)

>The 2 and 4 line LCD's along with 16 to 20 key keypads makes a nice
>package. And the L297/298's seem Ideal. Are you getting microstepping,
>or just half step?

Just half step.

>This is a project that Bill and I were talking about
>doing, just for our own use. The limited lines of display DO pose an
>interesting UI problem! But I sure could use some floating point!

Yep - as I say, the UI is always the hardest part.

Regards,
Tony

Discussion Thread

Tony Jeffree 2001-02-28 14:20:30 UTC Re: PIC code etc