CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: solid edge vs mechanical desktop

on 2001-03-13 04:51:23 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@e..., Peter Chen <cadcamcenter@y...> wrote:
> Good afternoon everyone,
>

> Is Solid Edge almost as good/as good as/not comparable
> to Mechanical Desktop? Is the former two, then perhaps
> I'll make an effort to get the Solid Edge origin to
> try out since I have to go thro' the learning curve
> all over again.

Peter,
Sorry but I cannot compare MDT to SE as I don't have or use any
Autodesk products. I had some not very good dealings with them years
ago first over their handling of the Generic Cad takeover and then
trying to get an educational copy of R12.
Two things in Solid Edges Origin favor is [1] it's free and [2] it
can export as a .stl files and so be machined in Millwizard.
This combination has got be be the lowest cost cam system out.

John Stevenson