CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1186

Andrew Werby wrote:

> Good afternoon everyone,
>
> Re:Dremel alternatives:
>
> If the bearing on the actual Dremel tool is not up to
> the job, how about Dremel's flexible shaft? One could
> perhaps fabricate a jig to hold the tip of the
> flexible shaft. Perhaps the bearing of the flexible
> shaft is better? With the shaft tip connected to the
> z-axis of a gantry aka super-tech or techno-isel, etc.
> the other end of the shaft connected to the Dremel
> proper dangling above the gantry. Would this be an
> improvement compared with using the Dremel tool
> direct?

Quite possibly. I have heard some people say they were having
good luck with Foredom flex-shaft tools. These are built a lot
better than Dremel tools, but I think the Dremel flex-shaft
might be a better grade than the hand tool. At any rate, you
would probably reduce vibration by getting the motor off the
gantry.

Andrew Werby 2001-03-13 12:31:42 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1186 Jon Elson 2001-03-13 14:44:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Digest Number 1186