CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Home & Limits on STG

Posted by Matt Shaver
on 2001-03-19 22:48:56 UTC
Imran Jawaid wrote:

> Hi,
> How can hook Home switches to the STG card P2?
> I've got Balluff switches that seems to take 24v . & three
> connections C, NO & NC
> Also how can the voltage be supplied to the home/limit switches?

I'm going to guess that you've stripped the E3 control from a Bridgeport
and are now retrofitting with the STG and EMC. For a description of a
similar machine see:

http://users.erols.com/mshaver/v2e3.htm

To answer your question more directly, you'll want to hook each switch
up like this:

+5Volts(from PC)--/\/\/\/--STG Input--NC

and

C--Gnd

The resistor can be anywhere from 100ohms to 10k ohms, but I'd stay 1k
ohms or lower.

If you'd like to come over and see a machine with this hookup, you're
welcome to stop by if you're anywhere near Baltimore. If you'd like to
talk about this by phone, don't hesitate to call.

Matt Shaver
(410) 521-3715

Discussion Thread

Matt Shaver 2001-03-19 22:48:56 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Home & Limits on STG Jon Elson 2001-03-19 22:57:12 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Home & Limits on STG